Alumni Visiting Research Fellowship
The Kroc Institute invites its peace studies alumni who have graduated prior to 2012 and hold an advanced degree to apply for a one-semester (fall or spring) Visiting Research Fellowship at the Institute. This fellowship is intended for Kroc Institute alumni who have pursued careers as peacebuilding practitioners and who seek time to reflect on and write about their work while in residence at the Institute.
Interested applicants who are not graduates of the Kroc Institute should apply instead using the regular Visiting Research Fellow Application.
The successful alumni visiting fellow applicant will be expected to be involved in the intellectual life of the Institute, including producing a publishable written work that brings to bear their practical experience in conversation with innovative peace research in their field.
Alumni Visiting Fellowships are one semester long and begin at the start of the University of Notre Dame’s semester (August or January). Alumni Fellows receive a stipend of $30,000 for the semester. Housing is provided in furnished Institute apartments at no cost, and fellows have library and Internet access and access to document retrieval services.
A complete application consists of:
- The Alumni Visiting Research Fellows Application Form
- A five-page research project proposal on any topic in the broad field of strategic peacebuilding that includes research design, literature review, and the potential contribution of their research and writing to scholarship and practice in peace studies and other relevant fields
- Cover letter (no more than two pages)
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
The application for the 2022-23 academic year Alumni Visiting Fellowship will be live on September 15, 2021. Application materials must be submitted by January 15, 2021.
If you have further questions about the application process, please contact Lisa Gallagher, email@example.com.