The Peace Dimensions of Fratelli Tutti
Photo: Catholic Church England and Wales (Flickr)
Pope Francis’ new encyclical, Fratelli Tutti, has much to contribute to the theory and praxis of peace, but this is a theme that has received relatively little attention since its release in October 2020.
How can it be a resource for peacebuilding and impact the practice of peacebuilding? Does it change teaching on just war? How does it open dialogue on peace with Muslims? How does its Franciscan influence deepen the understanding of peacebuilding?
This webinar will examine these questions and more as it probes the peace dimensions of the encyclical.
- Michael A. Perry, OFM, Minister General of the Order of Friars Minor
- Cecelia Suarez, Head of Office, Mexico, Catholic Relief Services
- Anna Floerke Scheid, Associate Professor of Theology, Duquesne University
- A. Rashied Omar, Assistant Teaching Professor, Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- Moderator: Gerald Schlabach, Emeritus Professor of Theology at the University of St. Thomas
This event was initiated by the Catholic Peacebuilding Network and is co-sponsored by Franciscans International and Catholic Relief Services.