How can the private sector play a role in the successful implementation of peace agreements? And how is the University of Notre Dame strengthening peace accord implementation efforts and private sector development in Colombia? Join Carlos Enrique Moreno Mejía, special adviser to Colombian President Ivan Duque, for a public forum discussing the impact of the private sector in the implementation of Colombia’s 2016 peace agreement.
This event is co-sponsored by the Keough School of Global Affairs, the Business on the Frontlines initiative of the Mendoza College of Business, and the Peace Accords Matrix Project at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies.
Schedule and Panelists
4:00 p.m. – The View from Colombia
Keynote address: Carlos Enrique Moreno Mejía
- María Victoria Llorente, Fundación Ideas para la Paz
- Juan Fernando Lucio, PASO Colombia (Paz Sostenible para Colombia, translated as Sustainable Peace for Colombia)
5:00 p.m. – The Role of Notre Dame in Colombia
- Viva Bartkus, Associate Professor of Management and Organization, Mendoza College of Business
- David Cortright, Director of Policy Studies and the Peace Accords Matrix, Kroc Institute
- Ray Offenheiser, William J. Pulte Director, Pulte Institute for Global Development; Associate Professor of the Practice, Keough School of Global Affairs
- Sara Sievers, Associate Professional Specialist, Keough School of Global Affairs