Dr. Fabienne Kanor, Assistant Professor of French and Francophone studies at Pennsylvania State University, will present her lecture focused on displacements in dialogue. She will compare the present-day migrations of Africans seeking asylum in Europe, migrations from the Caribbean to France in the 1960s, and the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Her visit to the University of Notre Dame is co-sponsored by:
- The Nanovic Institute for European Studies
- The College of Arts and Letters
- Teaching Beyond the Classroom Grant
- The Department of Romance Languages & Literatures
- The Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- The Gender Studies Program