Professional Field Experiences
During the second year of the MGA program, most IPS students work for nearly six months alongside a leading organization working on peace and justice in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East or the United States.
Students in other MGA concentrations typically participate in 2-month Integration Lab (or i-Lab) field experiences.
During these field experiences, students integrate theory with practice in communities dealing with issues of peace and conflict, economic development, human rights, and justice. Recent placements have included:
- Life and Peace Institute, Nairobi, Kenya
- ACT!, Nairobi, Kenya
- World Bank, Washington, D.C., and Bogotá, Colombia
- Voice of America, Washington, D.C.
- The Alliance for Securing Democracy, Washington, D.C.
- ICAN (International Civil Society Action Network), Washington, D.C.
- Global Center on Cooperative Security: The Prevention Project, Washington, D.C.
- Catholic Relief Services Baltimore, Maryland, and Mindanao, Philippines
- Sembrando Paz, Sincelejo, Colombia
- Diálogos y Capacidades para la Paz Territorial, Fundacion Redprodepaz, Colombia
- International Rescue Committee, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, Cape Town, South Africa