Keeping Faith with the Sahel: A Three-Part Series
This event is part of a three-part series on how faith actors and traditional leaders can lead the way in the preservation and maintenance of peace in the Sahel.
During this session, interfaith leaders from across the Sahel and religious spectrum will highlight some of their concerns and successes around development and humanitarian issues in the troubled Sahel region of West Africa. Delegations from each country are available for more in-depth side discussions with audience members by request.
Simultaneous French-English translation will be provided.
Speakers (names withheld for security reasons):
- Bishop representing the Episcopal Conference of Burkina Faso
- Emir representing northern Burkinabe communities
- Imam representing the Islamic Community of Northern Ghana
- Bishop representing Ghana Catholic Bishops Conference
- Bishop representing the Episcopal Conference of Mali
- Imam representing the Islamic High Council of Mali
- Church official representing the Niger Church
- Representative of the Islamic High Council of Niger
This event is co-sponsored by Catholic Relief Services, the Catholic Peacebuilding Network, and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies.
Read the description of the April 13, 2021 event >>>