Kroc faculty contributors in the book include:
- John Darby: "The Meaning of War"
- Mary Ellen O'Connell: "Defining Armed Conflict in the Decade after 9/11," "United Nations Peacekeeping and the Meaning of Armed Conflict," "Defining Armed Conflict, The Work of the ILA Committee on the Use of Force (2005-2008)," "Report on the Adoption of the Committee’s Final Report on the Definition of Armed Conflict (September 2010)"
- Gerard Powers: "The Meaning of War: An Ethical Analysis of Sanctions and Humanitarian Intervention"
- Peter Wallensteen: "What’s in a War? Insights from a Conflict Data Program"
- Todd Whitmore (faculty fellow): "Uganda’s “War in the North”: How Clashing Religious Views Created an Armed Conflict, How Reconciling Them May End It"